Tuesday, June 23, 2015

BattleBots 2015 - Icewave

A few months ago, I was invited to compete at the new BattleBots event to be televised on ABC this summer. I put together a team with some people at my office and we built Icewave, a 250lb gas-powered blade spinner. The show just debuted on Sunday evening, and we were extremely honored to be picked as the first episode and builder profile of the entire series.

The show provides some background about each of the teams, so here is the piece they put together about me:


And here is our first fight against the robot, Razorback:


Be sure to check out our Team Icewave pages for more updated information, build reports, and photos from the event.

http://teamicewave.com
http://facebook.com/teamicewave
http://twitter.com/teamicewave

You can watch the full episode for free on ABC.com or Hulu.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great information with us its really interesting and impressive . i really appreciate you writing skills .
    Fog Led Lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,

    First, I wanted to introduce myself, I am Algen Dela Cruz and I worked as an administrator at EEWeb, an Electrical Engineering community website. I wanted to reach out to you to ask if we can feature your website on EEWeb. We checked your website and we found that it fits our criteria, we believe that your website would be an interest to our community members. At the same time maybe we can exchange website links? Is this of interest to you?

    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    Best,

    Algen Dela Cruz
    EEWeb Administrator
    algen@eeweb.com
    algen@engineeringunplugged.com

    ReplyDelete